I am a married woman in her 30s... how awful does that sound - ok, how about... I am a sarcastic 32 year old married woman with a bun in the oven. I have a fantastic dog who has an evil pet cat. My husband and I bought a house 2 years ago and have been doing major renovations since then.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Get this "show" on the road...

39 weeks + 5 days

OK so last night I got up to pee at 4:30 (for the second time that night) and I just couldn't get back to sleep after that. I didn't want to get up and read or watch tv as it might prolong the whole awake thing. So I lay there thinking of what I should do today. Oddly I had this desire to organize the stuff laying about on the table and in the living room and was all gung ho to MOP THE FLOORS!!! What the hell is that about? Hello nesting? (Although, for the record, I hate that word nearly as much as I hate the phrase "bear down"). I was having a lot of braxton hicks as I lay there - more than usual and they were just more than they usually are - in intensity and frequency. I remember thinking that something could be happening. So after about an hour or so of lying there I eventually dozed off. I got up at about 7:15 and J was nearly ready for work. I asked him what his day looked like and he said lots of meetings, very busy. He was all spiffed out in his pinstriped suit so it looks like he has high powered meetings today. I told him I was having lots of braxton hicks last night - but that I didn't expect anything to happen today. He looked mildly alarmed and said that his cel phone was with him. I went to the bathroom and without getting toooo terribly in depth about it - I now know what the "bloody show" looks like. J was about to leave when I told him I had the "bloody show"... (sounds horrifying - really it's only pink tinged mucus). The poor kid looked stricken. I actually laughed and said "oh look how stressed I've just made you. It's ok, it's normal, and I'll just let the doula know". He left for work looking less than at ease. I, on the other hand, felt quite ok about the whole thing. I think it means that labour may actually start within 24 - 48 hours. I showered, walked the dog (during which there were more braxton hicks) and have had more "show" since then. I've cleaned the bathroom (in another mad nesting thing, I guess) and am now preparing to go out for lunch. J has already checked in once and the doula said to call her every couple of hours. The braxton hicks are a bit stronger but still not painful but I do somehow expect something to be happening by tonight. Scary thought. I have NOT called my mother as I don't want her getting into a panic - she said she'd call me tonight and there will be no getting out of telling her if I'm actually having labour pains by then. We'll play it by ear. I have cancelled going to aquasize tonight but still plan on going to my lunch with Larry -but let's be honest - I will be bringing some sort of sweater I can wrap around my waist if my water breaks while I'm out. Ye-ouch - that last braxton hick wasn't super pleasant... they had better hold off until I get my movies back to Blockbuster, fill the car with gas, get money from the machine, and have my lunch out. I should get dressed I guess. I'll keep you posted.

Sort of exciting really - who ever thought I'd get excited about the thought of passing a baby's head out my woo-hoo....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Singapore Charges Two Men for Anti-Muslim Comments Online
Two men were charged in a Singapore court with violating the city-state's sedition laws by posting ... The Rocky Mountain News and Arapahoe County commissioners had sought the release of the e-mails, arguing they were public record because they were written on county computers.
Would you be interested in how your blog could earn a substantial income for you? Visit what is a blog for a FREE 5 day course on blogs & RSS feeds.

10:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home